Tuesday, August 01, 2006

National Raspberry Cream Pie Day!

Why didn't anyone tell me? I'm blaming you for this travesty. That's right, YOU. I'm sitting here at work, like a chump, when I've had it confirmed by multiple sources that today is indeed National Raspberry Cream Pie day. [Google it if you don't believe me!] D'oh! I would never knowingly disrespect raspberries OR pie, yet here I am, disrespecting both.

And it's all your fault.

I wish I'd known of today's intended festivities when I awoke this morning. It would have made my decision of whether or not to call in sick a breeze -- sorry boss, I'm not coming in today: I'm observing National Raspberry Cream Pie Day!

But where am I instead? Sitting at work, writing this sorrowful blog entry, with a pounding headache. And yet, even through the searing pain, I'm scrambling through Google, trying to find a recipe for Raspberry Cream Pie so that I may make ammends to this holiday by celebrating when I get home.

Oh why did nobody tell me?

No comments: